The Hart Surgery
York Road, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 2DR
It's Friday 2:05 PM — We're open
Telephone: 01491 843200
Fax: 01491 411296 (switched off from 2020)firstname.lastname@example.org
What You can Expect of Us
All those involved in your care will introduce themselves and you will know how to contact them.
All involved in your care, will be polite and respectful, irrespective of your circumstances.
ACCESS TO THE DOCTOR
You should expect to be able to see a Doctor for an emergency appointment the same day. If you are disabled or too unwell to attend the Surgery, we will visit you at home.
We run an appointment system within the Practice and you will be given a time when you should see either the Nurse or Doctor. You should not expect to wait more than 20 minutes without knowing the reason why.
Our telephone number is 01491 843200. We will endeavour to answer the telephone promptly and politely. At night or out of hours please phone 111 where you will be given further advice.
To ensure effective access for emergency calls, this Practice does not accept requests for repeat prescriptions over the phone. We will process requests for repeat prescriptions in 48 hours.
If the Practice has arranged for you to have tests, you will be told the results at the next appointment. If a further appointment has not been arranged, you may ring for the result after Tuesday – Friday between 10.00 am to 12 noon or between 2.30 pm and 4 pm(approximately 1 week later).
This website provides you with full information about the services we offer. We will endeavour to explain/give you full information regarding your care and health.
Complaints should be directed to the Practice Manager, Sarah Moberly. We want to be sure we continue to improve our services to you. Constructive suggestions are always welcome.
The Hart Practice has a policy of encouraging a healthy lifestyle ie regular exercise, healthy diet, not-smoking, moderate alcohol consumption.We will make available to you information about: Steps you can take to encourage good health and avoid illness. Things you can do in the first instance (self help) without talking to the Doctor or nurse.
It is your right to see your medical records. Your records are confidential. You may be charged for this service.
What We Expect of You
- Let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- We wish you to treat us as you would wish to be treated yourself.
- Only ask for a home visit if the patient is too ill to visit the Surgery. If the Doctor asks you to come to the Surgery please try to do so. Request a visit as early as possible in the morning, preferably before 10.30 a.m.
- Please try to keep your appointment and be punctual. If you cannot attend please tell us as soon as possible. Your appointment can then be offered to someone else.
- Please keep your phone call brief and if possible avoid calling during peak morning times (8.30am-10.00am) Monday to Friday for non-urgent matters.
- We do not take repeat prescription request over the telephone. We need 48 hours to process a request.
- Results of tests take varying times to return to the Surgery. Please telephone for results between Tuesday-Friday between 10.00 am and 12 noon or between 2.30 pm and 4.00 pm.
- Please ask when having the test, how long the results are likely to take to return.
- Please read this website or our Practice Booklet. This will ensure you are aware of the services we offer.
- If you have any queries please ask.
- ‘Do not suffer in silence’. We are keen to hear your views both good and not so good, as we are very happy to do our best to keep improving our service.
- In order to ensure your continuing good health and that of your children, when given professional advice and help, please consider following the recommendations that have been made.
- Please ask to see the Doctor if you wish to see your records and let the receptionist know beforehand.
8am - 6.30pm
8am - 6.30pm
8am - 6.30pm
7am - 6.30pm
8am - 6.30pm